- Contacting Us about Privacy
- What Information we collect
- How we utilize the Information
- Utilization of Information collected as Customer Portal Members
- Information sharing
- Explaining Cookies
- Links to other websites
- Compliance with the governing laws
- Alteration of Information
Contacting us about Privacy
Customer Privacy Support
Paradigm Pacific, Fiji
How We Utilize the Information
- When we have your permission
- When, in compliance with Article 23-2 of the Privacy Protection Act, we need to disclose your personal data to a Third Party in order to meet your requests to remove your information from the system.
- When we are obliged to cooperate with law enforcement authorities.
- When the situation calls for emergency measures (when life, health or property and possessions are endangered), and when it is not possible to obtain your consent in advance.
- When issues related to public health, and child welfare & development are concerned, and it is not possible to obtain your consent in advance.
- When we need to comply with requests from national institutions and/or local public organizations or third parties who have been entrusted with law-related operations, and when it is not possible to obtain your consent in advance.
Utilization of Information Collected for Customer Portal Members
- Collection and management of personal data to facilitate investigation and/or ascertainment of issues and or enhancement requests.
- Delivery of information related to promotional offers provided from the entire Paradigm Shift group
- Utilization of information for product development and marketing activities for all Paradigm Shift group
- All above-mentioned utilization purposes apply to requests from other Paradigm Shift ?group entities pertaining to Customer Portal Member information
Shared personal data is as follows:
- When some date input from the user is necessary
- When there is a need to analyze the number of user visits
- When there is a need to recognize previous information approved by the user
- When there is a requirement to store and retrieve past records of utilization of our official website
- Links to Other Websites (Direct/Indirect or implied)
Compliance with the Governing Laws
Alteration of Information
Limitation of Liability
Disclaimer Legal and Regulatory Notices (Electronic Communications)
© copyright “Paradigm Shift Japan KK and/or affiliated companies” hereinafter called PS.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender or firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. PS accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
Although PS has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the PS cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.
By communicating with PS through electronic communications you are taken to have accepted these risks.
PS accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
All quotes from PS are valid for 30 days following the date of email transmission. PS accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of PS.
Limited Hardware Warranties
Hardware products supplied by Paradigm Shift Group may come with a 90-day or a 1-year, limited hardware warranty. Depending on the location of the support office, Paradigm Shift Group may offer different delivery methods for warranty service, including but not limited to parts and product dispatches, mail-in service and on-site service at a support or per service fee.
An extensions of your limited hardware warranty may also be available by purchasing maintenance contracts after you purchase your product(s). This is usually a monthly, six-monthly or an annual fee that is charged based on the number of workstations provided.
Some components of the hardware you purchased may have a shorter warranty than that listed on your packing slip, invoice, receipt or other sales documentation. Additional details related to warranty duration will be provided along with the equipment delivery.
What is covered by this limited hardware warranty?
This limited hardware warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship in your Paradigm Shift Group-branded hardware products, including Paradigm Shift Group-branded peripheral products. However, any products provided by identifiable third party companies will be supported directly by the third party company themselves, as such, Paradigm Shift is only supplying these items and warranty support will be a direct relationship between you and the third party vendor. Companies including but not limited to Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, BenQ, Sony, Toshiba, Cisco, Linksys, Planet, Buffalo etc. are all identified as third party vendors that provide direct support relationships.
What is not covered by this limited hardware warranty?
This limited hardware warranty does not cover:
- Software, including without limitation, the operating system and software added to the Paradigm Shift Group-branded hardware products through our factory-integration system, third-party software or the reloading of software
- Non Paradigm Shift Group-branded products and accessories
- Problems that result from:
- External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse or problems with electrical power
- Servicing not authorized by Paradigm Shift Group
- Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions
- Failure to follow the product instructions or failure to perform preventive maintenance
- Problems caused by using accessories, parts or components not supplied by Paradigm Shift Group
- Products with missing or altered service tags or serial numbers
- Products for which Paradigm Shift Group has not received payment
- Normal wear and tear
Please see the EULA provided with your Sales Contract.
Regulatory Notices (Electronic Communications)
© 2013 “Paradigm Shift Japan KK and/or affiliated companies” hereinafter called PS.
Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance Standards
All software created by PS have been designed to ensure your data remains secure and encrypted when traversing networks. PS uses commercially available Microsoft Product called Microsoft SQL server to enforce security within databases. As our software is aimed toward a niche market with limited number of transactions per month, we fit into the Level 4 or at some cases Level 3 of PCI compliance. As such, we need to complete a self evaluation on our security standards. Our self evaluation form is listed here for you to download and read in PDF format to make you confident that everything we are doing is meant to ensure your data meets commercial standards. More information on PCI Compliance can be gathered from here.
PCI Compliance 1.1
In September of 2006, a group of five leading payment brands including American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB, MasterCard Worldwide and Visa International jointly announced formation of the PCI Security Standards Council, an independent council established to manage ongoing evolution of the PCI standard. Concurrent with the announcement, the council released version 1.1 of the PCI standard.
While the newly-established PCI Security Standards Council will manage the underlying data security standard, compliance requirements are set independently by individual payment card brands. While requirements vary between card networks, MasterCard’s Site Data Protection Plan and Visa’s Cardholder Information Security Program are representative. They stipulate separate compliance validation requirements for merchants and service providers, which vary depending on the size of the company.
While non-compliance penalties also vary among major credit card networks, they can be substantial. Participating companies can be barred from processing credit card transactions, higher processing fees can be applied; and in the event of a serious security breach, fines of up to $500,000 can be levied for each instance of non-compliance. Since compliance validation requirements and enforcement measures are subject to change, merchants and service providers should closely monitor the requirements of all card networks in which they participate.
Read More Information on PCI Compliance 1.1 Standards